A back adjustment at Lotus Chiropractic Care entails detailed analysis of the patient's spinal structure of the cervical spine. The three things Dr. Desai analyzes are:
1. The Cervical Curve: A normal cervical curve is a reversed C-shape. We typically see reversed C-shaped curve or S-shaped curve in patients.
2. The changes in the shape of the vertebral bodies and disc spaces: The normal vertebral body is a clean square shaped bone, with a thick and even separation between them indicating healthy discs. Any changes in the shape of the bone or disc spaces may indicate degeneration of the spine or trauma.
3. The ligament health of the spine.
4. If there is compression at the cervical-occipital junction causing neurological symptoms of the cranial nerves.
5. What nerve involvement there may be at the spinal level.
What symptoms can you experience if you have any of the abnormalities in the five areas mentioned above:
Neck Pain with pins and needles
Brachial Plexus disorder
Nerve root impingement
If you are experiencing any of the above you more than likely need your cervical Spine assessed.
After we assess the Spine precisely using NUCCA and Activator Methods Technique, we use a very gentle approach in adjusting the neck. There is not popping, cracking or stretching. You merely feel the adjustment!!!